DIY Christmas: The Christmas Eve Box

15 Dec 2013


This weeks craft is Pinterest inspired. I saw the idea of a Christmas Eve Box quite a few times and thought it was such a sweet idea! You can give this to anyone and put anything you want in it, so it can be really personal. Obviously the idea is that the recipient opens this on Christmas Eve as a kind of 'run up' to Christmas. With that in mind, you could add things like new pajamas to wear that night, a festive activity to do or a christmas film to watch. I decided to make this box for my sister, which I'm hoping might become a little tradition for us both!


For Katie I included a very festive Snowman hat which I know she'll appreciate for comedic value. Some amazing Brussel Sprout shaped chocolates from M&S. The Golden Wonder bath bomb from Lush, for a relaxing treat which is making the box smell AMAZING. I just hope it doesn't also make the chocolates taste like a bath bomb! The Charades and Trivia box is for a bit of fun in the evening, and the Christmas Tree Foam Clay Kit is to while away the time while the turkey cooks. Katie is totally into crafts like me, so I'm sure she'll enjoy a bit of crafty fun!

I also included this little note to explain the idea behind the box, which I tucked into the top of the package after burying everything inside.


I then decorated it, and added a few candy canes to make a heart. I think it looks rather festive indeed! I really like this idea and think it could be really great for kids if it was filled with lots of fun activities to keep them busy.


I can't wait to give this to Katie on Christmas Eve! I hope you liked this DIY, there's only one post left now before Christmas! Crazy! So here's all the DIY Christmas posts in my little series up to now! :)


Aimée
Xxxx

9 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh ! I love this idea. My brother always wants to open a present before Christmas so this would be ideal ! A one designed for opening then ! I might make one ! You've got me inspired !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked!! Its definitely a great idea for the slightly more impatient of us all when it comes to presents! haha :) Xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I love this box :) it's so cool! xx

    www.leenatheunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this is such a cute idea!i would love to have a bro or sis to do this with..it seems as much fun putting together the box as it will be for the other person to receive it!:)I'm now following your blog lovely!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Amicia Rai!

    It is a great Idea, I love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. My turn to do this next year!!! Thank you so much for doing this, it was a lovely surprise!

    I'm finally catching up on your blog now I'm allowed to look at it!

    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete