Why Do You Wear Makeup?

13 Dec 2013


If I'd asked myself this question 6 years ago when I was at College without a doubt my answer would've been: to cover up, to conceal, to hide behind. Any of the three. Wearing make-up was something I did more out of necessity than because I enjoyed it. I wouldn't even dream of leaving my house without make-up on. 6 years later however? My answer is simply because I enjoy it! I love the way make-up can change and enhance your face and give you renewed confidence in your self.

Since finding the beauty blogging world, my interest in make-up has grown exponentially to the point where I now can't go into Boots without making at least one cheeky purchase. But now I see it as a way to enhance my features rather than covering them up, so buying make-up is a treat to myself. That's what I tell myself anyway! Creating new looks and finding new products is something I really enjoy, whereas before I would buy staple products simply to cover my face.

I still prefer to have make-up on when I'm going out, but I don't find my naked face quite as horrific as I used to. Which is always a good thing! The blogging world has definitely opened my eyes to how make-up should be used. :) What's strange is that I actually wear more products on my face now than I ever did before, but I'm definitely not hiding behind them anymore.

One product I won't forgo though? Mascara! My eyes literally do not look awake otherwise!

Why do you wear make-up?

Aimée
Xxxx

6 comments :

  1. Brilliant post, something I've often contemplated. I wear it to add a professional edge, proving I've made an effort by being subtly contoured. I also wear it as war paint, wearing ny colours to help me battle something tough. But I also enjoy the artistic element of carefully selecting and applying various textures and colours which helps me to channel my creativity and feel pampered. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved how you refer to make-up as War Paint. :) I agree, it is artistic choosing and applying different shades. We are artists of our face in a way, you could say? :) Glad you liked the post Em <3 Xxx

      Delete
  2. I'd have to say that I agree with you! Wearing make-up gives a load of self confidence. The only difference is I didn't ever hide behind makeup. I just... suddenly decided that I like it! I'm definitely still a little bit of a newbie at a lot of stuff, but I love all the wonderful ladies (and guys) and the beauty world. I really want to make it to a point where I can write my own reviews and tutorials and whatnot to help other new girls into makeup. :]

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you never hid behind it! Isn't it funny how most bloggers had a sudden passion for make-up rather than always loving it. You should write your own reviews! Go for it! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I started wearing makeup to cover the REALLY bad acne I had as a teenager. :( That was a very difficult period of my life and it took me years to be able to look at myself in the mirror. I also wasn't very good at applying makeup at the time, but even so, I felt better going out with really bad makeup than no makeup at all. :(
    Fast forward 7 years and now my skin is clear and fresh without any imperfections, FINALLY! No, I wear makeup because it's fun. But I don't wear it every day, and I can leave my house bare faced without a problem. :)
    I think that makeup is a very creative process when it is used for fun, and it often reminds me of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats such a shame that you suffered so badly as a teenager! I always feel super lucky that I never had a big issue with spots. I'm glad its all cleared up now though :) It really is creative and exactly like art! I agree! :) xxx

      Delete