November Favourites.

6 Dec 2013


This month I've been rekindling my love for some older products and seem to have become slightly lip obsessed with three lip products making the cut! With the festive season approaching I've loved digging out my MAC highlighter to give my face some light, and keeping my lips lovely and soft with Maybelline's Babylips.

So kicking off my favourites is a lipstick that I've had for quite a while but only now seem to really love! The Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 03 is a really great nude. Its definitely more of a pinky/brown shade rather than a peachy nude. As loathe as I am to say it, its the perfect 'your lips but better' shade for me. As with the whole line of Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks it is really moisturising and sits really nicely on the lips. I love it for an everyday look.

Another old favourite is my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. It really is the most beautiful highlighter. I stopped using it more recently in favour of Benefit's High Beam, but I've found that Soft and Gentle gives a much subtler pretty glow. Its perfect for brightening up your face through the colder months.

Recently I've been loving having nude nails, and Barry M's Matte Nail Polish in Vanilla is perfect. Sometimes I find a nude polish that looks great in the pot, can really wash out my fingers. But Vanilla is a really great, elegant shade. It dries matte really quickly, and stays chip free for at least 3-4 days without a topcoat. I'm really loving the matte nails trend!

Back to lips, I recently bought into the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick hype, with the shade In Love With Ginger. I have to say I totally understand the hype with this! I can't stop wearing it, as it really is so moisturising. It sits really comfortably on the lips and has great colour payoff. Its a great vibrant orange toned red, which works really well as an alternative to the classic A/W red. It lasts really well throughout the day too, with only a few retouches needed.

Mascara is one of my great loves. If I could only put on one product before I left the house it'd definitely be mascara. I love the way it brightens and opens up your eyes, and this Maybelline mascara really does the trick. The Mega Plush Volum' Express has a really great rounded flexible brush which helps spread product on every single lash. My lashes feel so volumised without having the brittle flakiness that most mascaras give you.

Lastly its back to lips and another seriously hyped product. I really wasn't interested in the whole Babylips hype, as I'm not a massive fan of tinted lip balms. However, recently I was on the hunt for a lip balm in a tube and when a 3 for 2 offer arose I took the plunge. I bought the Intense Care balm, as it wasn't tinted and sounded promising in this cold weather! Unsurprisingly, I absolutely love it. It makes my lips feel baby soft and leaves a really nice gloss finish. I'm getting through the tube a mile a minute, but at £2.99 a pop I think I'l be buying another soon!

What were your favourite products in November? :)

Aimée
Xxxx

3 comments :

  1. I love this 2 lipstick and the Barry M nail polish ;)
    Good fave !!
    xxx Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adored Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. It's so good, it keeps your lips so moisturised for a good couple of hours and it smells AMAZING and I think it's in the same price range as Maybelline Baby Lips and you said you didn't want colour tinted lip balms and this one is perfect! xxx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Soft & Gentle it's such a beautiful highlight. I really want to try that Rimmel lipstick, it looks like such a gorgeous shade x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete