So the lovely Rebecca Jane nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award last week, and I had planned to respond straight away but life got super busy! Since then both Gabrielle at The Last Broken Road and Sabrina at Cattails & Cardigans also tagged me! So much thanks goes to them all :) Though since Rebecca Jane was the first to tag me, I'm going to answer her questions.
I hadn't really known much about this award (other than seeing it on various other blogs) but after a little google I found Liebster to mean dearest, which made me a happy Aimee indeed. Also, I really like how it gives smaller blogs a chance to be noticed.
Liebster Blog Award Rules;
* You must list 11 facts about yourself * You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator * Create another 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer * Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to nominate * Go to each of these bloggers pages and let them know you've nominated them * Thank whoever nominated you and link back to their blog *
11 Facts about little old me,
* I've performed at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London. * I love sandwiches, genuinely one of my favourite things to eat. * I love eating fruit cake mixture from the bowl, but I don't like cooked fruit cake. * I've been looking for the perfect pair of patent red heels for about 3 years. * I was obsessed with The O.C and I have all four seasons on dvd. * I collect limited edition Coca Cola Bottles. * One of my favourite books is One Day by David Nicholls. * I once broke a rail in my wardrobe because I had too many clothes hung up. * Marc Jacobs Daisy was the first perfume I bought. * Tia Maria is one of my favourite winter drinks. * University was the best three years of my life. *
Questions from Rebecca Jane :),
1. If you had £1000 to spend in ONE shop, what shop would you pick?
This is a seriously tough one!! But I think it'd be Urban Outfitters, I always find really cool stuff in there and you could end up with new clothes and amazing homeware. :)
2. Favourite animal?
Without a doubt, its a horse. I've been obsessed since I was a little girl.
3. What made you want to start a blog?
I was pretty much just bored after I moved back home after Uni, job hunting is a depressing lark and I wanted something to keep me busy. I'm so glad I decided to start it, its been really fun posting. :)
4. New York City or Miami Beach?
As I've been to NYC before, I'd have to say Miama Beach so I can check it out. The cold weather is HORRIBLE at the moment too so it'd be lovely to relax on a beach.
5. Who is the one person you wish you could meet?
This is a tough one, as they always say you shouldn't meet your heroes. So I'm gonna go fictional and say I'd want to meet Ron Weasley. :)
6. Can you handle eating jalopenos?
Categorically no. I suck at eating spicy food!
7. Cheapest beauty product you own?
I think that's probably the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
8. Most expensive beauty product you own?
I feel like I'm probably forgetting something here, (and perfume aside!) I think its the Ojon Rare Blend Oil.
9. Are you an insta-grammer?
I LOVE instagram, I only got it at the beginning of this year but I'm obsessed. You can follow me here.
10. Who is the Disney character you wish you could be?
Tricky one, I think Belle so I could wear the amazing gold dress!
11. What is your Domino's pizza topping?
I always make my own, and get chicken, spinach and sunblush tomatoes! Its super tasty.
Finally, heres the questions for those I nominate,
1. What one beauty product can you not live without?
2. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Do you watch YouTube beauty videos, if so, who are your favourites?
5. What's your favourite item of clothing?
6. What's your signature make-up look?
7. What's your favourite city for shopping?
8. Have you kept any New Years resolutions?
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Do you prefer British or American humour?
11. What's your favourite thing to blog about?
So there we have it, we're almost at the end! Just enough time for me to thank Rebecca, Gabrielle and Sabrina again for nominating me! Do go and check out their blogs :) And, here are my favourite blogs that I nominate:
Pretty Delicate Layers
Ivy and Gold
A Letter From Elise
Holly's Beauty Review
Kate Lily Daze
Samuel James Morris
The Sartorial Scot
Life has been manic recently, but I should be back this week with a beauty review! Hope you're all having a lovely week :)