Dress It Up...

17 Jan 2013


Dress It Up. Its the name of my blog, but what do I actually mean by it? I love getting dolled up, wearing pretty things and generally making quite an effort with clothes. I so wish I could do the 'casual' look, but it just doesn't suit me. I literally look like I've rolled out of bed rather than spending hours to look like I've just rolled out of bed. Therefore my answer, is to wear casual clothes and dress it up with a statement piece so I don't look so plain! See what I did there? ;)

The necklace I bought above was a New Years splurge from Topshop. I really love detailed collars on shirts, so when I saw this beaded beauty in necklace form I knew I had to have it and its been an outfit staple ever since!

 

Be it a plain dress, skirt and top or jeans and jumper combination  I really think the necklace just adds a bit of oomph to the ensemble.Even when I'm wrapped up in my coat (which is a must with this current weather!) I think it looks so cute peeking through. :)

So there we have it, the 'meaning' behind my blog name. I have tried to find a link to the necklace on the topshop website, but I can't find it anywhere. I have seen it recently in store though, if it takes your fancy. :)

I hope the New Year is treating you all well! I'll be back soon with beauty and craft posts!

Aimée 
Xxxx

8 comments :

  1. You are so pretty, it's not fair! I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I'm a new blog and I would love if you could have a quick look and see if you like it :) Thankyou! And you gained yourself a follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I've just followed your own blog too :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Great outfits and I LOVE your hair! :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair - you remind me of Kate Nash for some reason.

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kate Nash, so that's a major compliment! Thanks :) Xx

      Delete
  4. I love your hair you're gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete